Packages are separated by functionality and Julia's declarative package manager takes care of resolving dependencies. You get just the functionality you need, and smaller packages lead to more rapid development.
Collection of generic astronomical and astrophysical functions
- Translation of many IDL AstroLib procedures
Astronomical time keeping
- High-precision, time-scale aware, DateTime-like data type
- Supports all commonly used astronomical time scales
Distances in the Universe
- ΛCDM and w0-wa cosmologies
- Open, closed, flat variants
Dust extinction laws & maps
- CCM (1989) and O'Donnell (1994) dust laws
- SFD (1998) galactic dust map
Earth orientation parameters
- Calculate Earth orientation parameters from IERS tables
Reading and writing FITS files
- Image and table extensions
- Based on cfitsio C library
Compute Lomb-Scargle periodogram
- Determine period of unevenly sampled periodic signals
- Support multi-threading
Astronomical coordinate systems
- Fast conversion of coordinates between different systems
Registered Julia astronomy packages hosted elsewhere.
Package Status Table
|Package||master (all Julia versions)|
"Master" shows the status of the lastest (unreleased) development version of each package, as reported by Travis and AppVeyor. This includes all supported Julia versions.
Use the packages, file issues and join the conversation on our mailing list!
- JuliaAstro on GitHub
- julia-astro mailing list on Google Groups
- Astro/Space topics on JuliaLang Discourse
- #JuliaAstro:openastronomy.org on Matrix
Would you like to contribute to JuliaAstro as part of Google Summer of Code? You can! We are member of OpenAstronomy, go to the GSoC page to see how to apply and the list of ideas. You can also propose us your own idea! If you want to reach us, join #JuliaAstro:openastronomy.org and #openastronomy:matrix.org on Matrix.